Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Engulfed in Artistry and growing within the flames

Being here at Disney is an extraordinary experience and I'm thankful in more ways than the expected. Being surrounded by the talent and the resources here really opened my eyes to the scope that many of these artists can reach and are still reaching out for. I love how much fire burns within everyone here and how it feeds off of each other more and more.

As if that weren't great enough, the studio experience is also teaching me how to be a person. Sounds odd  but it's sort of profound that way. Meeting all of these spectacular people puts me in a state of reflection a lot of the time and I've been learning a lot about what I myself am searching / reaching for. Animation always seems to be teaching me all the things I don't know about myself.

Here we are graduating from Trainee > Apprentice.


From left to right: Justin Weber, Tony Chau, Frank Abney, Jorge Garcia

Still so much road to cover in the journey... and it's going to be fantastic. Keep that fire burning!

Finished reading:

Linchpin by Seth Godin

Framed Ink by Marcos Mateu-Mestre

The Golden Theme by Brian McDonald

Reading:

Invisible Ink by Brian McDonald

Paper Dreams by John Canemaker

2 comments: