Saturday, May 2, 2009

Lenses are in!

I've been getting dizzy just staring at ebay / craigslist pages for the last 3-4 days but they've certainly paid off. I just got my nikkor 55mm f/2.8 micro (macro) lens in the mail yesterday,







































and my 28mm f/2.8 lens is coming in 2-3 days.

All I need now is a d70 body (saw a great deal on a d80 but that was gone literally within 2 hours of the owner's posting) and from there I can get accommodated with my new partner in crime. There are tons of stuff to learn still: building a set, building and using a camera rig, lots of animating tricks to learn, animating with glass, character / set design, armature building, puppet sculpting, puppet clothing, scenery creation, in-camera effects, lip syncing, and much much more.

Stop motion has me hooked though, and I'm just taking it in a bit at a time. Today I'm attempting to animate on top of a sound byte for which I created my armature for. About 12-13 seconds of animation. It's just body movement without having to worry about the extra bits of animation (fat/blubber, hair, clothing, etc.) so I'm hoping I can just dedicate one day to it and come out the other end in one piece.

Till then...

No comments:

Post a Comment